Now we’re well and truly into the A/W season we take a look at how you can incorporate your favourite trends into your work wardrobe…
Checking out new season trends is far and away one of our favourite past-times but it can get a little depressing from time to time when the budget doesn’t align with what you want to buy. In an ideal world we would have an endless budget for all of those amazing impulse buys that we know that we can’t really afford.
Unless you shun trends and stick to a basic wardrobe of black on black (not a bad thing) it can be difficult to keep your wardrobe looking fresh and up-to-date. But one thing that can help save the pennies is putting together a work wardrobe with pieces that you can also wear when off duty.
We’ve taken a little look through some of our favourite A/W 13 trends and explored how you can work them into your office ensembles for effortless style that is versatile to boot. So why spend more on two wardrobes when you can save pennies buying clothes that work for almost any occasion?
Here are our top ten picks for looks that will take you seamlessly from the office to after work drinks in an instant.
- East Polo Neck Top – House of Fraser - £30 – Polo necks are perfect for winter and seem to be everywhere at the moment, try to avoid looking too stuffy in a thin cotton style or even opt for a cropped one and wear with a high waisted skirt or trousers.
- Poste Mistress Natalie Toe Cap Boot – Office.co.uk - £150 – The perfect pair of ankle boots will see you through almost any occasion as they are perfect for dressing up or down. These amazing crocodile effect leather boots from Poste Mistress are a really stand out choice in our opinion!
- Floral Sweatshirt – J. Crew - £73 – Florals are always massive in the summer months but this season we’re adding in some wintery florals to our repertoire for a feminine twist. Why not throw this J. Crew sweater on over a collared shirt for a stylish office look.
- London Deuce Mini Shoulder bag in Navy – Kurt Geiger - £195 – This time of year is the perfect opportunity to invest in a new season handbag, this cool shoulder bag from Kurt Geiger comes in one of this season’s most sought after colours; navy. It’s the easiest way to incorporate the colour into your repertoire every day!
- White Tartan Asymmetric Skort – Topshop - £34 – Tartan and checks are easily far and away one of the biggest trends of the season and this cool skort from Topshop is smart enough to wear to work but definitely cool enough to wear off-duty too.
- One Button Smoking Coat in Pink – Martin Grant - £1,215 –You don’t have to be a Barbie girl to wear pink this season as rosy hues are another of the top shades to be seen in. Why not take on two trends in one go with this cool oversized smoking coat in pink from Martin Grant. If you don’t have a spare grand lying around then cheaper alternatives can be found from the likes of ASOS or any high street store.
- Stitch Cigarette Trousers – Topshop - £22 – One of our favourite trends of the season is androgynous dressing with a touch of femme fatale, these cigarette trousers are a fantastic way to work the look, team with an oversized button down and a pair of loafers to finish off the look.
- Lingerie-Style Studio Dress – Zara - £98 – Lingerie as outerwear might not be the most appropriate trend to wear to the office and we’re certainly not suggesting that you wear your nightie to work. Instead why not wear this stunning lingerie style dress under a thin long sleeved polo-neck to incorporate the trend without too many odd looks!
- Destiny Over The Knee Boots – Topshop - £135 – Thigh high boots are back with a vengeance this season and are a great choice for the office, team them with anything from high waisted tailored shorts to a peplum style skirt. We recommend wearing tights with this look to avoid looking like Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman.
- Oversized Button-Down Shirt – Madewell - £46 – If there is one thing that we recommend buying for your new season wardrobe it would have to be the perfect white button down. White shirts look effortlessly stylish whether paired with leather skirts, jeans, or shorts and are ideal for smartening up a sweater. This oversized style from Madewell is definitely our favourite but you can pick up good shirts from most high street stores.
So there are our top ten new season buys that are perfect for work and off-duty style, what will you be wearing to the office this season?